Saturday, June 30, 2007

missing: camera cord. reward: 25 cents.

I was all set to log on and post a witty entry about my sickeningly perfect children, you know, the one who refuses to nap and the one who screams all the time (good luck figuring out who is who!), complete with pictures, but I can't seem to locate my camera cord. It was where it should be a couple of days ago, but in this house, that statement means absolutely nothing. Last time I said the phrase, "it was there a couple of days ago", the "it" was found in the dryer, 3 days later. Why in the dryer? I have no idea. I just don't question it anymore. We're convinced we have a little troll living on the third floor of the house. We just know it comes down while we are sleeping and takes and hides everything that is needed and/ or important to us.

Really, though, I'm pretty sure the little troll isn't really a troll, but a 30 inches tall, bald, almost 22 month old little boy. I'm almost positive that when I finally locate the camera cord, it will be in the same vicinity as my cell phone, the other half to my favorite pair of flip flops, the bagel I gave him for breakfast yesterday, his sister's pacifier, 23 of his pacifiers, and the medicine dropper I use to give him the nasty cheap generic Tylenol we get for free through the health clinic.

So what am I going to do about the much needed missing camera cord? Well, not much, really. After I get done whining about it here, I'm most likely going to stare out my back window and watch my flowers meet their slow, painful demise caused by the over watering they have endured for the past 3 weeks because of the torrential thunderstorms that never cease to occur. Then when I'm bored with that, I will pour myself my sixth cup of decaf coffee for the day and wait for my husband to get home. When he gets home, I'll tell him we need a new camera cord because I'm NEVER going to be able to find the missing one, which he will be extremely happy about because that means he gets to go run a real "manly errand" for once. So he will drive the 20 miles to the nearest store and come back 3 hours later and $200 poorer because he will have spotted 7 things we didn't know we needed, but clearly cannot live without. While, in the meantime, I will have found the missing cord on accident, probably behind the tv or in the dishwasher or perhaps even on the desk, right where it belongs. But, since he drove so far and was gone for so long, I won't want him to go all the way back to return the one he bought and I'll be too lazy to return it later, so then we will have 2 camera cords to loose. It's going to be a good day!

UPDATE: I found the cord about 7 hours after I posted this... it was behind the high chair because that, apparently, is where it belongs.

2 comments:

Imcombobulated said...

I hope you found the cord before M got home!!!

Anonymous said...

Great work.