Saturday, June 23, 2007

the only time it will ever be this clean





It's really important to me that my house be comfortable and inviting. I want to feel like I'm at home where ever I am so I spend a lot of time (and money) decorating and arranging everything so it's just perfect. Hence, my obsession with IKEA. I'm sure this never ending quest for the perfect house (or as perfect as it can be considering it's owned by the government and chosen for us) frustrates the heck out of my husband, but he's pretty good about not letting me know if it does. In fact, he's upstairs painting another room for me as I'm sitting on my lazy fat butt typing this. What a man!

When we arrived here 7 months ago, I realized this house was going to be a challenge. It's not a gorgeous house. It's NOT my dream house, that's for sure. But I am slowing making it perfectly livable. Today I finally finished the nursery. I am pretty darn proud of it, considering what limited resources and materials I had... the walls are cement and we have all of 4 paint colors to choose from. I'm really quite happy with how it turned out. I just don't think it's fair that W's bedding is nicer than mine. Is it lame that I like to sneak in his room to lay down with him before he wakes up so I can soak in the soft sheets and plush down comforter? I hope not!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

very, very nice. you've done a lovely job.