Monday, September 17, 2007

currently loving (09-17-07)

My friend J was visiting us for the past week and we went out into our itty bitty teeny tiny village to explore what it has to offer. I've gone into town numerous times, but have never really paid attention to the surroundings, as I'm always trying to deter a fit or catch a pacifier or sippy cup before it hits the dirt. Instead of just running to the market for a forgotten ingredient, we actually sat down in a little cafe and enjoyed some European ice cream and a cappuccino like real Europeans do. It was nice and I realized how much I do really like it here, even though there isn't a Target or Taco Bell or a mall. I should have done this 8 months ago...

PS, thanks J for taking these pictures! :)









5 comments:

Bitter Coffee said...

Jo, I am so jealous. I can't help but wish we had been stationed in Germany too. :(

Anonymous said...

Great pics, beautiful place, peaceful scenes ... so glad you had the chance to soak it up for a bit. As your cousin T used to say, "Mo 'gen" and real soon!

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity! I wish I was living in Germany! That looks like a beautiful place.

Leah said...

Looks lovely.

Andrea said...

Cool, I'm glad you got to go out and enjoy the sights. Those pics are gorgeous, TFS.