Tuesday, January 22, 2008

notes:

1) A big fat tremendous THANK YOU goes out to the State Trooper who didn't give me a speeding ticket even though I totally deserved one. Thank you for being sympathetic and understanding. I swear, I didn't drive more than 73 mph after you pulled me over.

2) Uggs and 2 pairs of ski socks will not keep toes from freezing in -13 degree, and colder, weather.

3) I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my parents don't seem too surprised that I ran their car into a pole... again... for the third time...

4) The dude who does the Oxyclean commercials annoys me.

5) To my fellow Army wives: what can I say? You guys are amazing and I want to thank you for all you do. These past few weeks have been brutal, to say the least, and I'm so thankful that I have you guys to fall on when I need to vent, cry, or be real. Continue to stand strong during this hard time. I miss you all and I'm proud to say you are my friends.

6) To the rest of you: Please continue to support and pray for our troops. Now, more than ever, they need you. This isn't "just" war or politics, it is their reality and their life. They are out there for YOU, dying for YOU, like it or not. They don't need to hear how dissatisfied everyone is with the job they are doing. They need your support. Isn't that the least you can do?

7) I have learned a lot in the past few weeks and I have been forever changed. The events that have occurred hit way to close to home and it is heartbreaking and frightening. My husband, children and I don't have the wonderful pleasure of living in a bubble of denial like the rest of the 99.5% of the population does. So if I seem standoffish or evasive, that's because I don't have time to deal with any BS anymore. I have a life to live and a family to take care of and I'm not going to apologize for it.

4 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

I confess, I am part of that 98% of the population insulated in my bubble... my heart still breaks for you and your losses and your daily fears/struggles. There are a lot of people out there thinking of you and M and hoping that all this comes to an end for you soon so that you can be safe, together, in each other's arms.

Anonymous said...

Do whatever you need to do to survive what most of us can neither imagine nor understand. Just know that there are lots of people praying for you every day who are both heartbroken by and grateful for all the sacrifice that you and Mark and your beautiful children are making one minute at at time. And all the troops are always in our prayers, too.

Midwest Miscellany said...

Thank you for opening your heart and sharing and reminding me. Feel free to keep busting those bubbles of ignorance. We could all use some of that.

You and your family are all in my thoughts every day and prayers for the troops safety go up regularly too.

Here's to hoping that time will fly by, and that they're all kept safe and will return home to their loving families.

Angela said...

Big (((HUGS))) to you and your family, and make no apologies. Thank you for your sacrifice, the sacrifice of your friends, your husband, and everything that's risking their lives for me and my family.

So.... was that MN highway patrol that didn't give you a ticket? Perhaps on your way speeding to the airport so you didn't miss your plane? ;) - Hope your toes have recovered, this place can be brutal when you're not used to it!