Monday, May 4, 2009

side by side

My lovely friends who have seen my belly pictures have spent the past day trying to convince me that I am not the heifer that I think I am. They have almost convinced me. Almost. Looking at my pictures from this pregnancy, no, I'm not HUGE compared to other moms who carry twins. But compared to my previous pregnancies, dang. Moooooo. Woof.

I never measured larger than 33 weeks with W. He had severe growth restriction in the womb because the little stinker tied a true knot in his cord at 32 weeks and was born the size of a 33 week baby, at 38 weeks. So for me to be measuring 10-12 weeks ahead at 25 weeks makes me bigger than I ever was with my first pregnancy. Thankfully, CB was born at a very healthy 7 pounds, but I carried her so low at the end that I never measured larger than 36 weeks. Plus, she was born 11 days early, so I didn't get much of a chance to measure larger.

Tonight I was a bit bored (yes, I actually had a few seconds to be bored!) so I decided to dig through my old pictures and do some comparisons. It is pretty interesting to see how the same uterus (she said uterus, again!!) can grow so differently with each pregnancy.





So yes, my friends are right. I'm not a complete cow, just very large for what I am used to. Honestly, I have to say that I am (extremely full of myself and) pretty darn proud of my Buddha belly. I kinda like it. It certainly makes for a convenient spot to set my plates when I am eating and that is a definite plus.

5 comments:

M said...

Nice, I should be there....

Jessica Ryan said...

That is, I think, the most perfectly round belly I have ever seen! Like you just took a basketball and stuck it under your shirt!

(LOL at the blinkie comment!!!!)

Eeyorebabies said...

Amber here, from the SH board. Girl, you look AMAZING! At 25 weeks I was already looking like a beached whale with my twins! I looked like your 25 week picture when I was 19 weeks! Except I have a much bigger butt ;)

These are the Days! said...

Oh Jo, you are GORGEOUS!!! And honestly, for having twins in that buddah belly, I think you are quite compact! ;) Seriously, I'll email you pics of me while pregnant with my singletons...oye, ve! I think your belly is the cutest thing evah...relish in it, girl!!! :)

Joanna said...

you guys are too sweet, seriously. And I promise, this post was not a shameless attempt to fish for compliments, lol! It's just kinda cool to compare the bellies.