Wednesday, January 28, 2009

hand slapped

I am a bad blogger. I'm sorry. Yes, it's been 2 weeks since I've posted anything, or responded to emails... or FB messages... or phone calls... I've slapped my hand and promised to do better. But don't hold me to it.

We are all fine and good, I promise. There really isn't anything going on, but we have still been super busy. The kids have been sick with colds and have been out of school for the better part of the last 2 weeks. They got better, went to school for 1 day, and now both of them have colds again. So, they are out of school for the rest of this week too. I felt a little better for a few days, which was nice. I even went 3 days without taking a nap! But it all caught up to me last weekend and I ended up sleeping all day Saturday between gagging and avoiding all food like it was going to kill me and still woke up tired and gagging on Sunday.

So far this week has been more peaceful than last week was. Last week I was at the hospital 4 times: 2 times for shots, one time for an appointment (both babies look good and are measuring right on track) and once because I was an idiot and lost my prescription for my test strips and lancets so I had to get another one. I'm sure the nurses are as tired of me as I am of them. This week I only need to go in twice for shots which is good news because that means I can stay in my PJs on the days I don't have to go out. And that is great news because that means less laundry for me, which is fantastic news because I still have about 6 loads of laundry that have been rotated on and off the bedroom floor and through the wash again for the better part of 6 weeks that needs to be folded and put away.

I just don't have the energy or the strength to do much. I have no shame in letting everyone know that my kids have now have a nanny named Dora, who rotates days
with Blue and Steve and Diego. Occasionally, Pablo or Manny will fill in when needed and George is always a good standby. A mama's got to get help where she can, right?

What I really need is a cook; someone to come make food for me, whatever I want at the exact moment that I want it. If I want food, I want it right then because in 3 minutes, I will be hating food and gagging again. A cook would actually be much more beneficial for my kids and husband. I think the boys are tired of pizza and pasta and I know they are tired of eating the things that I kind of maybe like, on a good day. They can only eat so much chicken, tuna with noodles, and green beans the way I want them-- covered in Cream of Mushroom soup and baked to perfection. And even then I end up scrapping off most of the soup and can only manage a few bites here and there.

I was told last week that I should be eating at least 2700-3500 calories a day, and I need to gain at least 20 pounds in the next 9 weeks, and 40-50 pounds overall. Ha! Riiiiiiiiiight. Right now I'm lucky to be able to take in (and keep down) 1/3 of those recommended calories a day, at best. So if you have any fool proof suggestions for getting those kind of calories down, and keeping them down, please share. Ensure or any kind of "calorie drink" are not an option and neither is anything with sugar. Same goes for red meat, fast food, things that are fried, things that are salty, mayo, things that are thick in texture (yogurt, pudding, jello, smoothies, oatmeal)...

I'm sure women have grown babies on worse than green bean casserole and rice. CB grew off of nothing but Whoppers (no mayo, no cheese) from Burger King while she was in the womb, but her 3rd toes are longer than her 2nd so that is probably not a very good example. Let's just hope for the best with these two.

5 comments:

CassieHumble said...

Good luck to you. You can't force yourself to eat too much or it will just come back up. Just do your best!

Tami said...

Hey Jo, tell the dr to give you a prescription for Zofran!! I was on that with Micaela and it worked wonders. I was soooo sick with her, I lost 16 pounds. As soon as I started that, I felt human again!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to be your surrogate eater.

Lynette said...

Jo,

I took Reglan for 20 weeks with Aidan. My OB Rx'd it for me after I lost 10 lbs in a month.

Totally unrelated question: How did you change your icon on that appears on the address bar from the standard blogger one to one that matches your blog?

Stefanie said...

I know this sounds silly but try sipping a fruit smoothie through a straw it helps me when I feel nauseous. I have heard ginger is a great anti-nausea remedy during pregnancy. Try like a ginger tea and see if it helps.